Wednesday, August 11, 2010

retreat

August 11, 2010 Yesterday our staff team went on a daylong retreat. One of our church members has a nearby lakehouse which we used. It is amazing how much can get done in 6 hours when we come together. I don't push too hard, allowing time for singing, praying, visiting, resting, eating. I find that the Spirit moves people to interact over dessert or riding in the canoe. I included a surprise in the early afternoon, Barbara Smith, who led us in some 40 minutes of Qigong, a type of Chinese exercise. It was like a body prayer. We got lots of things on the calendar. We raised some issues. We resolved some problems. We communicated well. It is funny to me, what one author I like says, "in order to move forward, you have to retreat."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment