Monday, August 30, 2010

great day

8/30/10 Yesterday was a great day, a day I was glad that I was a pastor. People showed up for worship. They were not just sitting in the pews, but engaged in the liturgy. People were patient with each other as we had another Sunday of being displaced, since our bldg M was not quite ready for us to move back into. We had a great Gospel Sing after the second service. Over 260 registered for the bbq meal. We had wonderful singers and players who presented some of the old favorite tunes. We had 14 entries in the Chill-Off, where persons offered their homemade ice creams. People helped to clean up and put away all the tables and chairs and mic stands and music stand and risers. Then to top off the day, Cathy and I had the first meeting of our Disciple I Bible study witha diverse group of people. Already they were sharing at a deep level. Cathy and I had supper and rehearsed what a great day it had been. We watched Mystery on PBS with Inspector Lewis. I did the crossword puzzle and went to sleep quickly.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment