Tuesday, November 16, 2010

armadillo express

11/16/10 Usually I write about serious stuff--what is going on in my soul, a breath prayer that sparks deep reflection, justice issues, etc. Today's posting will be lighter fare.

I have been working hard, too hard the last few days. Church conference is coming up, which means I have lots of details to attend to, lots of meetings to get at some of those details. I found myself this morning out walking, as usual, but my face set in a frown, not usual. It means I was expressing bodily how I was under stress.

I took one of my favorite walks, leaving our house, walking across Searight park, crossing Slaughter Creek by way of the dam. In the greenbelt on the other side of the creek, I was on a path that parallels the water. I could hear a noise growing louder, coming closer. Now, there are many leaves on the ground so that even a tiny squirrel can make quite a racket. The noise was coming from behind me. I turned around and looked. There was an armadillo moving at maximum speed like a runaway armored army tank. It was coming right up the path I was on. I stepped off the path. It did too. I finally jumped at the last instant and it went into the brush. The only thing I could do was laugh. I was not frowning any more.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment