Tuesday, November 23, 2010

seminary

11/23/10 Yesterday, I went to Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary to teach the United Methodist Polity class for Dr. Paul Barton ( no immediate relation, but I did know his parents, Roy and Rosa from Perkins School of Theology). I serve on our Board of Ordained Ministry so I was to address the topic of ordination. I thought the class would be only an hour long, but it was to be an hour and a half. I didn't know if I had enough material, but the time flew by. Paul had to give me the signal to stop while I was still rolling. It was very energizing to dialogue with these who are just coming into the ordination process.

Today, I was back at APTS to talk to the loose group of UM students. They wanted to hear about the partnership we have formed with Parker Lane UMC on the east side of Austin. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed their questions and insights. In short, the last 2 days have reminded of why I attended seminary from 1976 to 1979.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment