Tuesday, November 2, 2010

work

11/2/10 My breath prayer for the day comes from a minor OT prophet called Haggai, who has in the 2nd chapter, verse 4, "Take courage, all you people of the lnad, says the LORD; work, for I am with you, says the LORD of hosts." I admit that the older I get, the quicker I tire and the more I consider retirement. But today, I am grateful that I have meaningful work to do. I am well compensated financially for being a senior pastor of a suburban church. Even more I am gratified that I get to make a difference in peoples' lives. The best pay I get is when someone "gets it", when someone understands that they are loved because of what God has done in Jesus Christ. The best pay I get is when Christ shows up in a worship service and He does something that changes folks' hearts, something that was written in the order of worship. I enjoy what I do, and I think I am pretty good at it. Today I am thankful that I get to do holy work.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment