Tuesday, December 14, 2010

drained

12/14/10 This past Sunday left me emotionally and spiritually spent. In a word, I was drained. First, we had these four beautiful, talented young women who comprise the Southern Belles. All four played handbells. Two of them sang while the other two danced. It was marvelous. I was moved. Second, we had Jennifer Sample from our Methodist Mission Home in San Antonio give a testimony. Her words were clear and direct about all the good we do with unwed mothers, adoptive parents, those with hearing impairment, and those with other physical challenges. The video she showed of the students graduating from their program left me in tears. Third, at the 11:15 a.m. service during my sermon, a women in the congregation had a fainting spell or stroke episode. Fortunately, this congregation is blessed with many doctors. Within 30 feet of Jo were persons from almost every major medical discipline. My job was to lower anxiety, so after calling for the doctor's help, we paused and prayed. We continued in silence for a few moments until Jo was able to walk out of the service. By the way, tests have revealed no major issues. That afternoon, I had the pleasure to play my guitar and sing carols to residents of Lyons Gardens, a retirement facility. We had a great Disciple I Bible study class. Then the day finished with outstanding music and readings from our handbell choirs. It was all good. God showed up all day long. After a day like this though, I was drained.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment