Tuesday, December 7, 2010

highway

12/7/10 My breath prayer for the day comes from the prophet Isaiah 35:8 & 9c, "A highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Holy Way....the redeemed shall walk there." My usual routine is to rise early, read a bit of scripture till something sticks with me as a breath prayer, and then to walk and pray. So as I walked this morning along the paths in the park behind our house I imagined that I was walking along God's highway. I imagined the street sign read, "Holy Way." I imagined that same path for the many people and situations that I carry in prayer.

Too many people think they live on a street whose name is "Wrong Way" or "Do Not Enter." I believe that God has another direction for us, a highway called "Holy Way."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment