Monday, December 20, 2010

generosity to the extreme

12/20/10 The following came from Bob Batlan who is a regular at delivering meals to the homeless in Austin through Mobile Loaves and Fishes.

Well today’s Mobile Loaves run was truly fun. We had wonderful chaos with tons of kids helping with make ready. We had our annual Knitzvah run where we gave beautiful hand knit items to people we fed.
In return we also got that feeling of warmth that comes only from helping others in a significant way.

Today a man at our last stop outdid us all. We were at a place called the Tallows. It is one small step above being on the streets. We came in with very little food, but the residents appreciated every bit. They were thrilled with the Knitzvah items. As I was driving out, a man motioned for me to stop. I was feeling bad because we had nothing left to share. However, he just asked if I would accept a donation. When I told him I would, he handed me two $100 bills folded together.

I am still trying to process that act of generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment