Wednesday, December 22, 2010

strong

12/22/10 I visited Lizzie Strong in the ICU in Brackenridge Hospital yesterday afternoon. I have seen a lot of Lizzie and her family over the 3 1/2 years I have been pastor at this church. You see, Lizzie had just come through her 31st surgery in last few years. Lizzie was intubated, which means she had a breathing tube inserted down her windpipe, so she couldn't talk. She can sign, but I can't read sign language. I asked her to type on her computer, which she did, so I could understand her. She had pneumonia and some fever, but overall was doing pretty well. Her birthday is Dec. 25th, so she has a special connection to Jesus. She must have a special connection to Jesus to keep her faith through all the surgeries and recoveries. She and her family have shown tremendous resilience. It is by no accident that their family name is Strong.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment