Wednesday, December 1, 2010

yes

12/1/10 For several weeks now I have been working with our Lay Leadership Committee. This is the group that prays and discerns, hoping to be led to the right people to take leadership roles in our congregation. We make phone calls, emails, text messages, and personal visits asking people to consider serving in the various ministries. I must admit sometimes that it is frustrating and exhausting. We can't reach people ( we get answering machines and calls aren't returned). We get a negative response ( maybe we weren't listening well to the Spirit's leading).

But over the last 2 days, we have gotten the response "yes" many times. What an upper that is! People actually saying, "That sounds like fun! Count me in! When do I get started?" The last 2 nights I have had a hard time going to sleep because I have been high on faithful folks saying "yes."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment