Wednesday, January 12, 2011

testify

1/12/11 My breath prayer for the day is from John 1:34, "And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God." Last night we had our first meeting with the new church council. I have a strong bias against making church meetings look like business agenda items. I build in songs, the passing of the peace, scripture, and prayer. I also like to have a time when folks can share a God sighting, a closeest moment to Christ, or a word of encouragement. At the meeting last night, one shared about the woman who asks for help at the corner of I-35 and 51st street. She has only one leg. Her sign reads, "I am down to my last leg." Another person shared about the somewhat mentally challenged person who not only takes tickets at the theater but also hands out hugs. I can get through a lot of business agenda when I hear people testify.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment