Thursday, January 27, 2011

wisdom and strength

1/27/11 My breath prayer is from I Cor. 1:25, "For God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God's weakness is stronger than human strength." I am pretty smart. I was valedictorian of my high school class. I graduated magna cum laude from college. I received the Hebrew prize (highest grade) in seminary. I am pretty strong. I have never been very big, but I still walk, lift weights, bicycle, swim, etc., here approaching 58 years of age. But God is wiser; God is stronger.

Sometimes I can't sleep at night. I run over all that is wrong in the world, all that is wrong in my life. Then I imagine the universe and how vast it is. I imagine God's wisdom and God's strength and how vast they are. Then I imagine them in comparison to how small my problems and the problems of the world are. Then I figure God's wisdom and strength can take care of them.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment