Thursday, October 20, 2011

satisfied

10/20/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Psalm 90:14, "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." What does it take to be satisfied? A song from my growing up years from the Rolling Stones had a line, "I can't get no satisfaction." Is it money, sex, power, fame?

The psalmist says what satisfies is the steadfast love, that is, the covenant love of God. That is what lasts, what fills, what brings deep joy, what satisfies.

I like to begin my day in prayer and in walking and breathing that prayer. I find that if I don't start this way, it is hard to ever make it up. I like to begin my day being satisfied by being in the presence of God and God's love.

I like it that the psalmist has the plural pronouns...satisfy us....that we may rejoice. My prayers include other people that I hold before God's love. We become community in prayer.

I like it that the psalmist ends the verse in rejoicing. With that feeling, I can go through the day satisfied.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment