Thursday, October 6, 2011

wilderness

10/6/11 I have been reading a book by Gil Rendle entitled Journey in the Wilderness: New Life for Mainline Churches. I don't like much of what he says because it means I will need to keep changing, growing, stretching, trusting.....and that involves risk and pain. In fact, Gil says at every new birth, there must be 2 factors: pain and possibility. The Church is undergoing great upheaval. We don't know how everything will come out. I pray that this time may be like that time long ago when the LORD led his people across the wilderness toward a Promised Land. The people had to trust that there would be "daily bread," supplied by the LORD, just enough for that day. I know that later scholars, priests, theologians, etc., looked back on the time in the wilderness as a honeymoon with God. There was an intimacy, a trusting relationship, that was like no other time. May it be so for our time as well.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment