Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wisdom

10/18/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Exodus 34:9, "Joshua son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, because Moses had laid hands on him." I pray for wisdom. I know that is more than a simple matter of some leader laying hands on me. I am an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church; hands have been laid on me. A bishop in the church said "Take thou authority." I know that that one physical act in one worship service did not impart to me wisdom.

I like the phrasing from Exodus, "the spirit of wisdom." That's what I am praying for, a growing sense of wisdom, a gradual filling up of wisdom, an ongoing relationship that makes me wise.

Today a cold front blew in, as I was taking my morning walk. I felt the tremendous power of the wind. Maybe that's the beginning of wisdom, to be humble before God and God's majesty, to be blown by God's wisdom.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment