Thursday, April 7, 2011

dealing with death

4/7/11 Yesterday, one of our dear saints, who lived to be 100 years young died. We had celebrated her birthday with a cake at church after a worship service. Generations of her family were there. Many who knew her from Sunday School, worship, and United Methodist Women wre there. Thelma had a charm, a wit, a sense of humor, a joy of life that was infectious. This week's gospel passage is from John 11 where Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead. It includes that classic verse that I have said at every funeral I have ever done, and will say again tomorrow at Thelma's funeral, "Jesus says, 'I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die." May it be so. Love, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment