Tuesday, April 19, 2011

happy holy week

4/19/11 For a pastor, Holy Week is the Super Bowl, Final Four, and World Series....and a lot more that this sports analogy. If we don't have a God who comes to humanity as one of us, suffers like us, dies like us, yet rises from the dead, we don't have a Christian faith. We have a lot riding on this week, as much as Jesus did when he rode into Jerusalem on the back of a donkey to start it all off.

I am glad as Christian that we have this distinctive story. I had a funeral for a man yesterday that I did not know. He was the father of a church member who has been in Disciple I Bible Study with us for the past several months. Even though I did not know the man who died, I could confidently state that God knew him. And more than that, I could affirm what kind of God we have, One who loves us, One who saves us.

I pray for you to have a Happy Holy Week!

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment