Thursday, April 14, 2011

teacher & sustainer

4/14/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Isaiah 50:4, "The Lord God has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word." In order to be a teacher, I first must be as one who is taught, that is, a pupil. I am learning to listen for God' s word, to look for God's presence, to feel God's movement, and to depend upon God's power. Out of these experiences, I am called to sustain others, especially the weary. The weary include: those out of work, the depressed, those whose marriages are struggling, those who cannot bear to watch the news on TV because it is too overwhelming, those addicted to various drugs including work, and so forth. I need to stay close to God or my resources for sustaining the weary soon run out, and I become a weary one too. Love, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment