Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the LORD has made

4/13/11 My breath prayer for the day is a classic. It is hymn in our hymnal. It is often memorized. It is the verse that was written in the front of the Bible that I was given when I was a 3rd grader. Psalm 118:24 says, "This is the day that the LORD has make; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Most mornings I begin the day with a time of reflecting on the scriptures until something sticks with me. Then I go walk in silence and solitude. Most mornings I get to watch the sunrise, as the sky goes from darkness to light. This morning, like most mornings, I give thanks for the dawning of the new day. I remember that I did not, indeed cannot, create this day. Only the LORD can make a new day. I did not speak a word and call into being the who universe. I did not set our earth on its axis and have it revolve once every 24 hours so that we see the sun come up. The LORD "makes" the day. I rejoice and am glad. There are so many things I cannot do. There are so many things that only God can make happen--changed hearts, a new worshipping community, outreach to the poor, etc. Thankfully, God chooses to make them happen. I rejoice in what the LORD has made. Love, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment