Friday, April 22, 2011

good friday

4/22/11 Today is Good Friday. It is the only day of the church year when the liturgical color is black. It is the day we Christians remember that Jesus, the Messiah, was crucified, and died. What can possibly be good about Good Friday?

We remember that Christ has suffered like we do. We remember that Sunday is coming, Easter Sunday, resurrection day. We give thanks for a God who loves us so much that God will die for us, with us. We have hope even in our darkest times.

For me, I took the day off. That's part of what's good about Good Friday. I have wonderful staff people and lay volunteers whom I trust. They have tonight's service well in hand. I will play the role of greeter tonight as people come in the door. But today, Cathy and I went swimming at Deep Eddy pool, then out to brunch at Central Market, then reading, watching TV, and napping.

It has been a Good Friday.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment