Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2 degrees

8/3/11 It has been hot here lately....unholy hot...hot enough to try one's soul...hot enough to cause an electric power alert. The past few days as I have driven home, listening to NPR on KUT radio, the alarm has gone out: conserve electricity, especially between 3 and 7 p.m. I cannot save the world, but I can do my little part. I have turned our A/C temperature setting up 2 degrees to 79 degrees.

We can blame big corporations, but everyone of us has a responsibility for God's creation. Some of the biggest polluters, users of energy, and causes of global warming are the billions of us who drive our cars, use all kinds of electrical devices, and turn our A/C's down. I propose turning our A/C's up 2 degrees in order to keep our planet from heating up another 2 degrees.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment