Tuesday, August 16, 2011

eating for a good cause

8/16/11 I have figured out that the congregation that I get to serve as pastor likes to have a good time. Last night, our Endowment Committee had a deal with Mimi's restaurant, that any person or group with a coupon from our church would get 15% of their bill directed to the Fund. Cathy and I got there first. It was her first day back at work, coming from a day of teacher in-service. I was hoping that we could have a good meal and that she wouldn't have to cook. The meal was excellent. More than that, the atmosphere was exciting. Our church came out in great numbers. By the time we left at 6:20, I had already counted 45 people with the coupons. There was laughter. There were smiles. I got to meet new people who came as guests of our church. A young family who has been visiting our congregation shared a prayer concern with me. We paused and prayed right there in the restaurant. A family of 5 with 3 children came out. Another couple brought the mom in her 80's. We raised some money for the Endowment Fund. We raised some awareness about the Endowment Fund. More than that, we had fun, eating for a good cause.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment