Monday, August 1, 2011

temporary relief

8/1/11 I woke up this morning to the news that our nation's governmental leaders are striking a deal that will avert a default on our paying our bills. I am relieved...temporarily. My breath prayer for the day comes from Romans 10:9, "If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." When I read this verse, I wish it meant just a one-time-walking-up-front-at-the-end-of-the-service-profession-of-faith. I have come to believe that following Jesus is an all day, every day joy and discipline. It is not just a temporary relief, one time acts. I know our nation has many more steps to take and issues to resolve. I am happy for the temporary relief, but I am also longing for the longterm relief.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment