Wednesday, August 24, 2011

strength

8/24/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Ps. 105:4, "Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually." My strength is not what it once was. I am 58, and I still walk, lift weights, swim, etc. I can still put in the hours at work. But it is nothing like it used to be. I bump up against my limits more quickly.

I really need to hear this passage today, as I have spent the last 2 days at the Bd. of Ordained Ministry retreat where I learned all of the time, and energy, and courage it is going to take to help the church go through the next paradigm shift. I don't have that kind of strength, but the LORD God does. It is a good exercise for me to humble myself and let God be my strength, the strength of His Church, the strength of all creation.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment