Tuesday, August 23, 2011

not the same old thing

8/24/11 This Bd of Ordained Ministry retreat is really pushing me. Gil Rendle, our consultant, challenging us with moving from the old paradigm of taking care of the institution, the local churches and the pastors to the new paradigm of taking care of God's mission of making new disciples of Jesus Christ. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth as many small churches will be dying, many old rules will be broken, and many new changes enacted. It will take courage, patience, and trust to get through this time. I pray for myself that I will have the energy and drive to be part of this process and not part of the problem. I pray for our denomination, this church that I have known since my birth and have been serving in the ordained capacity for the past 33 years.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment